To apply, CLICK HERE.
Intralox L.L.C. has a position available as a Technical Support Engineer within the Equipment After-sales Team, supporting the US market. Based at our office in Harahan, La the primary role of this position is to serve as an advanced level remote troubleshooter and problem-solver for any issues that arise.
The position is responsible for ensuring that our customers are able to reach a qualified resource to answer questions and help solve problems whenever needed. Responsibilities will also include making recommendations to customers to resolve issues and to manage the resolution of any issues that require input from additional team members or determine if they require a longer-term path to resolution.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of operational and commercial principles and be able to make fast and independent decisions within that clear set of principles. This position reports to the Supervisor – Technical Support, US.
Intralox is a division of Laitram, L.L.C., with an extensive portfolio of innovative products and services that improve lives and optimize business worldwide each day. Intralox’s conveyance solutions enhance food safety, power e-commerce, and solve challenges for industries from automotive to industrial manufacturing to consumer goods.
Together, our 3,000+ global employees are reliable problem solvers, continuously developing and directly delivering solutions that have driven our customers’ growth worldwide for more than 45 years. We consistently and sustainably work together to create long-term value by continuously improving products, services, and processes for our customers. Our award-winning customer service team provides comprehensive support and access to technical experts to deliver fast, reliable solutions.
Intralox was founded upon the principle of doing the right thing, by treating customers, employees, and suppliers with honesty, fairness, and respect. We aim as a company to practice these principles every day, which is why we have been consistently recognized for innovation and workplace excellence.
We listen objectively, think creatively, and deliver results. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our company page.
- Provide technical assistance to Customer Service, Account Managers and Customers remotely by phone, written correspondence and/or via web-conferencing.
- Problem/ complaint resolution: handle customer problems by finding causes and recommending solutions on specific applications or equipment.
- Demonstrate ownership of after-sales issues, ensuring resolution for customers. This may involve successfully managing the internal workload to ensure proper completion while keeping the customer informed of progress/status.
- Identifying any recurring issues, communicating these to the relevant product/design and project management groups
- Team player, well integrated with customer service, account managers, field service technicians, project managers, and other Intralox design and testing teams.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Controls Engineering, or similarly related degree
- Able to analyze and solve technical problems over the phone
- Service minded; self-managed mentality with a sense of ownership and commitment to a high-quality customer experience
- Good questioning skills to understand customer needs and requirements and then to communicate to other team members when required
- Ability to understand and manage customer expectations while maintaining a service oriented mindset
- Commercial affinity – ability and experience to communicate effectively and directly with customers
- Experience in mechanical drawing/ design work, AutoCAD (2D and 3D) design software skills
- Computer systems knowledge/ skills (e.g. order entry, data bases, excel, etc.).
- Willingness to travel; < 25% for continuous improvement after onboarding, possibly more during initial training period
- Fluent in English (written and verbal). Spanish speaking is desired.
- Experience with problem/complaint resolution: handling customer problems by finding causes and recommending solutions.
- Experience in relevant customer-facing roles is a plus
- Packaging equipment and/or Material Handling equipment and systems experience a plus.
- Project Management experience a plus.