Apply here: https://www.gilchristconstruction.com/jobs
The GCC Traffic Control Supervisor WS1 safely leads and directs a Traffic Control crew/team to monitor, regulate, and control the traffic flow for GCC projects
- Reviews, understands, and communicates work assignments to crew/team
- Works with the Traffic Control Manager to implement traffic control plans and install traffic control devices through the use of weekly work plans, daily work plans and daily morning crew/team huddles
- Meets and/or exceeds project safety goals for project activities (LTA goal 0 / RIR goal <2 / TIR goal <7)
- Works to ensure GCC has strong crew/teams and promotes and champions the company's vision to be the Leader in Safety, Quality, Innovation, and Efficiency
- Leads by example, always professional and always in line with the company's values of Fair and Ethical Success. Has a basic understanding of OSHA and company safety procedures
- Must be MUTCD certified
- Has a sound knowledge of traffic patterns and traffic control methods and procedures
- Has a valid drivers' license and is approved to drive company vehicles. The Traffic Control Supervisor WS1 will be a student and a teacher
- Seeks knowledge, with a culture of continual learning, though all available resources, including industry affiliations, professional organizations, and trade associations
- Continually coaches and mentors company personnel by providing knowledge and confidence to excel and advance careers
- Works toward continuous professional development through individual development planning. Safely works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgment is required
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
Work Environment: Outdoor
Stand or walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 51 to 75 lbs.; climb up and down, carrying tools and equipment; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see (naturally or with correction). Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold).
Education Guidelines: HS Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
Experience Guidelines: 2+ years traffic control experience preferred. Demonstrated leadership skills.
Knowledge Guidelines: Basic reading, writing, addition and subtraction skills. MUTCD Traffic Control Certification preferred. Must possess a current, valid US Class E Driver's License and be an approved GCC driver.