To apply, CLCK HERE.
JOB SUMMARY: Under direct supervision of the Associate Project Manager, the Workforce Specialist will connect residents of the housing community to economic mobility opportunities including but not limited to education, job readiness, skills training, employment, asset building and financial literacy. The ideal candidate will understand and be able to effectively deliver services based on established ties with partners in New Orleans Metro area. Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop comprehensive community strategies for employment, career advancement, financial literacy and asset building
- Work with employers to facilitate job and career opportunities
- Provide ongoing counseling, recruitment, and screen clients for: employment education, entrepreneurial and employment opportunities, workforce training programs, asset building and financial literacy
- Conduct individual assessments for residents who need assistance with employment, education or financial literacy
- Create individual development plans for clients seeking employment and/or career advancement
- Develop and implement tracking procedures to ensure and document compliance with contract provisions related to labor compliance
- Learn, and fully utilize, the company’s internal tracking system
- Interpret Federal, State, and Local labor laws, rules, regulations and objectives as they pertain to resident hiring according to Davis Bacon and Section 3 compliance
Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Human Resources, Redevelopment, Construction or other relevant field
- At least three years of professional work experience in a relevant field
Skills and/or competencies required
- Strong working knowledge and experience in common construction industry practices, procedures, labor costs, hiring, and assessments of workforce needs
- Strong working knowledge of common human resources hiring practices, interviewing and candidate selection
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, and Power Point
- Ability and commitment to handle privileged information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Availability to attend evening and weekend functions as required.
- Ability to function as a team player in both internal and external relationships.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and insurance and availability of automobile for use at work to travel to various sites.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS AN ALL INCLUSIVE LIST OF ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS OR WORKING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE POSITION. WHILE IT IS INTENDED TO ACCURATELY REFLECT THE POSITION ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, ADD OR REMOVE DUTIES AND ASSIGN OTHER DUTIES AS NECESSARY. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ASSIST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES IN MEETING THE EXPECTATIONS OF THIS POSITION.