To apply, CLICK HERE.
Environmental Technician is primarily a field position, in that the majority of the work day is spent outdoors, in and around the plant. This person is required to perform field activities in accordance with standard environmental industry practice and applicable regulations while maintaining quality control and quality assurance during all activities. These field activities include but are not limited to: monitoring events, sampling events, periodic observations, periodic inspections and waste management. This position will report to the Environmental Manager.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily written and/or electronic documentation for all field activities performed.
- Serve as an environmental resource to all plant personnel.
- Offer daily support of plant environmental compliance programs.
- Survace water outfall discharge sampling and monitoring.
- Air quality observations and monitoring.
- Hazardous, non-hazardous, universal and electronic waste identification, waste labeling, waste management and waste transportation/disposal coordination.
- Subsurface soil and groundwater sampling and monitoring.
- Containerization, handling and shipping of all environmental samples to the contract laboratory including completion of laboratory sample chain of custody.
- Periodic observations and inspections, for potential stormwater pollutants, spill prevention and overfill protection.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all required environmental sampling and monitoring deadlines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. (2 or 4 year degree in a relevant field will be preferred.)
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant field is required.
- Forty (40) Hr HAZWOPER training and certification or the ability to obtain.
- Mine Health and Safety (MSHA) Training and certification or the ability to obtain.
- Asbestos and/or lead certifications or the ability to obtain.
- NORM certification or the ability to obtain.