To Apply, Click here
SchoolMint is the leading SAAS platform trusted to deliver student-centric experiences in K12. We are driven by our mission to help educators create bright, more sustainable futures. We offer powerful products that help schools run smarter enrollment management and student behavior management.
We are a fast-growing and established EdTech company mission-driven by our core values: No Jerks, Period; We, Not Me; Be Heroic; Bring Your Whole Self to Work; Embrace and Drive Change. We take these seriously. At SchoolMint we live what we preach and embody values that empower us to delight our customers with award-winning products and top-notch customer service.
SchoolMint is looking for a Director of Product Management to lead and build the Product Management team. This individual will drive product roadmaps in alignment with SchoolMint’s strategic direction and priorities. This individual will also coach and manage several Product Managers and communicate team progress to department leadership, the executive team, and key stakeholders. This position reports to the Chief Product and Strategy Officer and works collaboratively with teams across the SchoolMint portfolio, partnering with end-users, engineers, designers, and marketers to deliver software products that improve K-12 education.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a team of skilled Product Managers by example. Roll up your sleeves to ensure projects stay on schedule and meet our high standards of quality.
- Manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize product impact while building great customer experiences.
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes including market research, customer and prospect interviews, competitive analysis, business cases, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, pricing, and product launch.
- Develop a product roadmap and work with cross-functional teams (marketing, sales, services, support, product development, engineering) to execute on the roadmap. Own roadmap and scope and prioritize development based on business and customer impact.
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers/cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with them on the development, QA, and release of products.
- Coordinate product launches, including working with marketing on messaging for content and demos, and with customer success for roll-out.
- Work with engineering leadership to ensure accurate forecasting and efficient allocation of resources for the success of the entire organization.
- Work with Product Marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates SchoolMint and its features across primary market segments.
- Develop and optimize product pricing and positioning strategies.
- 5-7+ years of Product Management experience with a focus on SaaS and business strategy.
- 3+ years of experience as a leader and direct manager of Product Managers.
- Strong ability to translate product needs into business cases and technology roadmaps.
- Strong problem-solving skills, at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to participate in technical discussions and help make technical trade-offs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Business degree, MS/BS in computer science, engineering, or similar preferred.
- Strong technical leadership, project management, analytical problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
Some Awesome Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- PTO (15 days), Sick Days (5 days), Birthday Floating Holiday, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, and Company Observed Holidays
- 401k (with a 90-day waiting period)
- Educational Assistance Program