Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
This hybrid role between Accounting and Business Analysis is a perfect role for a candidate who likes to stay busy. A unique role based in our Jefferson, LA office, it allows for the right candidate to bring their expertise to our organization.
- Performs professional-level accounting duties such as:
- Performing and reviewing reconciliations
- Completing trial balances and journal entries
- Preparing work papers, schedules and reports
- Examines a variety of accounting documents to verify accuracy of computations
- Ensures transactions are in accordance with applicable authority, policies, procedures, and are recorded consistent with acceptable accounting standards
- Demonstrates or explains accounting practices and procedures as requested
- Prepares accounting reports and supplemental schedules.
- Prepares analysis of inter-company relationships and transactions.
- Uploads journal entries on monthly basis.
- Prepares account reconciliations for department owned accounts.
- May prepare financial statements.
- May prepare foreign currency translations.
- Prepares various reports for compliance with GAAP regulations.
- Responds to SOX and internal audit requests as needed.
Data Analysis and Presentation 50%
- Develops business insights based on analysis of results, and communicate key findings to various members of management to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Assists in the development of measurement processes/methods for assessing progress towards goals and project outcomes.
- Leads efforts to define business and systems requirements including documenting processes, business requirements and resulting technology needs.
- Prepares reports, performs analyses, and evaluates opportunities.
- Develops polished executive-level presentations and confidently delivers the information to internal business associates and external clients in a clear and concise fashion.
- Assists in identifying best practices through a review of processes.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with various departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other discipline
- Two (2) years of accounting experience or analysis experience or equivalent experience in a related field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of accounting principles, GAAP
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing and meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to prepare and present working papers and supporting documentation
- Proficiency with PC software such as Excel, other Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively in both written and oral communications