Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
This position reports to the Contract to Cash Director and assumes a variety of responsibilities within the AR & Collections Team. This team performs a variety of routine technical and transactional processes utilizing multiple applications that facilitate billing, collections payment posting and customer service. Key responsibilities includes managing teams and projects, maintaining a relationship with the outside collection agencies, maintaining collection procedures that reduce the amount of delinquency the company encounters, providing outstanding customer service to our clients by ensuring effective procedures and setting customer satisfaction goals, overseeing billing and cash management activities while recommending methods to streamline operations, generating routine reports, which requires knowledge of statistics and data analysis. This position is highly visible and requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and effectively direct the department
Technical and Compliance
- Maintain and build solid relationships with staff, vendors, corporate teams, field locations and management
- Assists in monitoring, tracking and enforcing department policies, procedures and goals while identifying inefficiencies and propose, develop and document new concepts and procedures.
- Daily review of collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and reduce collection cycle times (DSO) where possible.
- Ensure all processes are handled in accordance with applicable SOX controls, accounting and collection standards and policies and collect and organize support documentation for external and internal audit requests as needed
- Compile data, conduct statistical and analytical studies of billing volume, dollars billed, payments received, bills outstanding, and preparing regular and special reports for review in planning and evaluating department objectives.
- Manage special projects; identify and implement process improvements; including overseeing the development of project plans, testing, training and deployment
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports
- Work with staff to prioritize work and ensure staff is trained on policy and procedure. Ensure work is accurate and is being processed in a timely manner and in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance to ensure duties are properly performed and employees are working towards common business goals. This will include providing timely coaching and preparation of the annual performance evaluations.
- Keep abreast of latest industry techniques, methods, current trends and practices in field of expertise.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively in both written and oral communications Strong internal and external customer focus Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage the team priorities and calendars
- Ability to prepare and present reports and presentations
- Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively in both written and oral communications
- Strong internal and external customer focus
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance or a related discipline required
- 5 years’ proven experience in Accounts Receivable, Collections, & Customer Service
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- 3+ years of experience in special projects and process improvements required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and customer service and collection software
- Strong leadership skills with ability to guide and motivate their team, handle and delegate responsibilities, listen to feedback, and have the flexibility to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to the gain confidence and cooperation of others; must be able to interact with individuals of varying levels, abilities and locations.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good critical thinking skills and exercise sound judgment
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Ability to work in teams across international borders
- Innovative, forward-thinking and results driven