To apply, CLICK HERE.
GENERAL SUMMARY: A worker who performs a variety of tasks primarily involving manual material handling of tools, equipment, or materials in addition to assisting craft workers.
DESIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND/OR SKILLS:
· Any combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform work
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of general tool use
· Capability of learning metal fabrication skills
· Assist fitters or welders in fitting and welding tasks, such as positioning and aligning structural metal components in the fabrication of steel structures under the direction of craft workers.
· Maintain an orderly and clean work area
· Complete any relevant specific job duties as required by immediate supervision
· Operate punches, grinders, drills, saws, oxy-fuel torches, and other basic equipment & hand tools.
· Manually move, lift & transfer material and safely operate overhead cranes.
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Adhere to all Southland Steel Fabricator’s, Inc. Safety Rules, Policies, and Procedures
· Attend all required safety meetings
· Inspect the tools and equipment prior to work each day to ensure they are free of defects
· Use hand and power tools safely at all times with correct guards in place
· Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with policy and adequate for specific tasks
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: In order to do the job, the following physical requirements are necessary:
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Ability to frequently pull, push, carry, or lift tools, equipment or materials 50 lbs. or less
· Ability to withstand frequent bending, squatting, or crouching
· Ability to frequently handle (hold, seize, grasp, turn, etc.) tools, equipment, or material
· Ability to work in inclement weather conditions, to include cold, heat, and humidity
Position requires pre-employment drug screening and background check
Management Discretion: The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of the employer.
Employment-at-Will: This document does not create an employment contact, either express or implied. All employment is at-will.
Southland Steel offers competitive wages, benefits: medical/dental/vision/life, vacation, and 401-K plan
Drug Free Work Environment
Equal Opportunity Employe