This position will support operations by maintaining, troubleshooting,and repairing the facilities and manufacturing equipment. This position performspreventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased productivity andreliability, helping to meet production and quality goals.
DESIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE,AND/OR SKILLS:
· Functional knowledge of mechanical components.
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metalworking skills
· 2-5 years of industrial/plant mechanic experience
· Forkliftexp a plus
· Performpreventive inspections, periodic maintenance and repair of productionequipment, vehicle equipment and building.
· Install,troubleshoot and/or make changes to building grounds or equipment, electricalsystems, mechanical systems, building systems and related maintenance.
· Recognizes and corrects potential equipmentfailure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Maintenance Manager.
· Perform machine shop work on various machinessuch as drill presses, grinders, torches, cutting equipment, andelectric/manual hand tools.
· Ensures that all work performed meets requiredcodes (OSHA, City and Federal) and is in accordance with plant policies andprocedures.
· Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools,parts, materials and work area.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Must be at least 18years old
· Adhere to allSouthland Steel Fabricator’s, Inc. Safety Rules, Policies, and Procedures
· Attend all required safety meetings
· Inspect the tools and equipment prior to workeach day to ensure they are free of defects
· Use hand and power tools safely at all timeswith correct guards in place
· Wear personal protective equipment in accordancewith policy and adequate for specific tasks
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTALREQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Ability to frequently pull, push, carry, or lifttools, equipment or materials 50 lbs.
· Ability to withstand frequent bending,squatting, or crouching
· Ability to frequently handle (hold, seize,grasp, turn, etc.) tools, equipment, or material
· Ability to work in inclement weather conditions,to include cold, heat, and humidity
Position requires pre-employment drug screening andbackground check
ManagementDiscretion: The job duties and requirements that this document describesmay be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of theemployer.
Employment-at-Will:This document does not create an employment contact, either express or implied.All employment is at-will.
Southland Steel offers competitive wages, benefits:medical/dental/vision/life, vacation, and 401-K plan
Drug Free Work Environment
Equal Opportunity Employer