Job title: Maintenance Tech
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Maintenance Tech will make necessary repairs, install, and test machinery and equipment used in taking raw cotton to produce yarn and denim fabric as well as other textile equipment based on customers’ needs and demands.
Duties and responsibilities
- Operates equipment and observes for defects, malfunctions, and breakdowns.
- Inspects and test machinery and equipment to diagnose equipment malfunctions, dismantles and reassembles defective machines and equipment,
- installs new or repaired parts, cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other machinery parts.
- Installs, and/or repairs wiring and electrical and electronic components. Assembles, installs and/or repairs pipe systems and hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Install machinery and equipment.
- Assembles, installs, and/or repairs plumbing.
- Paints and repairs metal wood and/or other building materials and maintain physical structure of facility.
- Sets up and operates machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, fixtures and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in maintenance in manufacturing or related area.
- Posses basic hand tools, Allen wrenches metric – standard, open end wrenches, screw drivers, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving skills.
- Ability to learn and work with various equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
The work environment is a textile mill with various pieces of equipment, the facility will be operating 24 hours a day/7 day a week. The environment will be dusty, noise levels in some areas will require hearing protection.
Employee will be required to stand for extended periods of 8 – 12-hours based on the shift schedule. Able to lift, push pull, and move 75 pounds of materials on a routine basis. The employee will be required to bend, lift, walk, turn, with repetition. The work environment will be warm, dusty, with equipment which generates heat. The ability to wear personal protective equipment correctly for the duration of shift.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; or this job description is subject to change at any time.