To apply, CLICK HERE.
VieMed is looking for an experienced Network/System Administrator responsible for the technical leadership and management of assigned systems. This responsibility may include system installation, routine maintenance and upgrade management, configuration or network hardware and software - all to ensure system integrity. Most of the assigned work (roughly 75%) will be system admin related, while the rest will be network related.
- Responsible for maintaining existing corporate IT resources on various platforms.
- Ensures and maintains system availability.
- Implements changes utilizing a defined change management process.
- Configures and oversees enterprise platform operating systems.
- Sets up and configures enterprise class server hardware from box to rack.
- Designs and coordinates the installation of systems in a business-critical environment.
- Maintains and troubleshoots high availability systems in Data Center.
- Manages, configure and monitor Cisco switches, Fortigate/Mikrotik routers, and Cisco phone systems.
- Develops and writes systems and applications documentation.
- Supports hardware upgrade requirements based on software requirements.
- Assists in the coordination of various teams for testing, evaluating, design and implementation of technology as needed by the business.
- Ensure the security of Viemed systems and data through diligent adherence to Company policies and procedures, and collaboration with the Security Director.
- Understand, follow, and enforce the system/security controls to ensure HIPAA compliance and to meet regulatory requirements
- Assist with Tier 1-3 problem resolutions.
- Review open trouble tickets, gather additional information, update tickets with current information, and resolve.
- Research and solve unfamiliar technical issues and produce documentation based upon problem resolution to be added to the knowledge base.
- Perform approved HW/SW maintenance on devices.
- Support end-users in addition to IT department team members.
- Evaluates the existing systems and provides the technical direction to IT support staff.
- Stay current with knowledge of related technologies, designs, methods, and trends
- Can work within the Microsoft 365 / Azure environment.
- Defines end user needs and functionality in a service development cycle.
- Deals with work process, optimization methods, and risk management tools in the given projects according to the requirements of the stakeholders.
- Participate in on-call schedule and provides after-hours support as needed.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a progressive information systems environment installing, configuring, and maintaining server operating systems and managing storage area networks
- At least three (3) years of system administration experience in Windows and MS Exchange environment and proficient in tasks such as shell scripting, analyzing log files, managing user accounts and groups, and setting up mail services
- Minimum 2 years of experience working on switches, routers, security systems, and is comfortable with command line interface. CCENT/Network + or other industry relevant certifications preferred.
- BS / BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with installing and upgrading Operating systems (Microsoft, Linux, Mac) required
- Experience with ITSM and ITAM a plus
- Healthcare and home health industry experience desired
- Must have strong customer service and communication skills
- Effective ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadlines
- Motivated, self-starter with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to meet regular time and attendance requirements