To apply, CLICK HERE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the overall clinical, technical and administrative functions at the location on record regarding the Home Respiratory Therapist program.
- Responsible for the installation/delivery of respiratory therapist equipment and provision of all needed supplies and products to the patients in the home and ongoing assessment of patients and equipment.
- Is responsible for clinical contact with the physician, referred contacts, health care practitioners, and others involved in the care of the patients referred to Sleep Management, LLC d/b/a VieMed for home respiratory therapist services.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of records, charting, progress notes, clinical files, equipment records, preventative maintenance records, and other necessary documentation.
- Is responsible to maintain accurate inventory of all Sleep Management/VieMed assets and supplies.
- Is responsible for company vehicle maintenance and service (paid for by Sleep Management, LLC d/b/a VieMed).
- Ensures that company vehicle is maintained per applicable accreditation standards at all times.
- Is responsible to ensure all pertinent demographic information is updated regularly and with any change in personal or professional status.
- Is responsible for the overseeing of all applicable regulatory rules and guidelines as pertains to the staff respiratory therapist.
- Is responsible for orientation and training of subordinate or newly hired respiratory therapist staff service technicians.
- Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills. Adheres to cost-containment policies and procedures.
- Works with the office staff to ensure prompt and accurate billing and documentation of services, including providing adequate information to satisfy third-party payor guidelines for coverage.
- Works with all clinical, managerial, and sales staff to promote and market home respiratory therapist services to all referral sources.
- Ensures proper, accurate, and safe operation of all equipment prior to installation.
- Is required to provide availability for patient contact and response to patient needs.
- Will work with fellow RTs in the area on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Will work with team members (other RTs, PCC’s and various departments) to insure tasks completed.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Technical Capacity.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Financial Management.
- Presentation Skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- EE must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- EE must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This job will require the employee to go into patient homes for the set-up and service of medical devices.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Medical or respiratory experience.
- A valid Respiratory Therapist license in the State in which you practice.